Wednesday 19 October 2016

Things To Alter

A few months ago I was given a selection of dies-cut MDF shapes from Jaqi at Thinks To Alter. Unfortunately due to personal reasons I wasn't able to complete my project in time for the August DT spot but I kept everything safely in a box (because I normally loose anything that goes into my craft room) and today I actually managed to finish the project I have had in my head for so long.

Things To Alter MDF shapes are beautifully cut and so easy to use and there are loads to choose from. Even better this is a UK Company which I am happy to support.


I used an IKEA frame for the base but took out the glass.
It was great to get more than one size in each shape and each with so much detail.
The lettering comes in a variety of sizes and is great for canvas work, picture frames and scrapbook pages.
I added tiny pearl beads and micro beads to give a rich finish (remember when using micro beads apply with a spoon to glue and make sure unused ones go back in the pot.Never apply with a brush or wash away.  Do not put these down the sink as they are harmful to the environment).
I am teaching a Scrapbook Canvas class this weekend so for those of you coming along, we will be using some of these techniques in our project.

If you like to buy any of the MDF shapes  please visit Things To Alter xx

2 comments:

Katie said...

Gorgeous project and love the distressed edges and colours.

Jac said...

Wow this is just lovely, I love what you have made, glad your feeling better and would love to have you on board again X