Sunday 9 April 2017

Beauty is Only Skin Deep

When I got accepted into the DecoArt Blogger Outreach Programme I had a chance to order some of the DecoArt products to use on a project which was the decorated Heart Box which you can see HERE.  Since then I have been itching to use the same colours on a second project and yesterday I finally had a chance to have a play. 
I used the same colours with the only addition the yellow acrylic paint which very surprisingly reacted with the black Gesso to produce a beautiful green colour. The small flowers were painted with orange.
The main body of this wall hanging is an embroidery hoop with paper sandwiched between the two hoops . The background is a mixture of cloth and thread with beautiful chipboard scrolls wired string all held in place with Matte Medium and then coated with Black Gesso.
The lettering is chipboard also painted with Black Gesso and then Cadmium Red paint. I dry brushed over the red with Black Gesso and then added a few dabs of Emperor's Gold.
I thick coated the scrolls with Emperor's Gold paint and then while still wet, dabbed  with a dry, coarse brush to add texture. Black Gesso was then dry brushed over the top.
To finish I gently dry brushed all of the background detail with Snow (Titanium) White paint.

Here is a list of all the paints and mediums I used:
DecoArt Media Modelling Paste - White
DecoArt Media Gesso - Black
DecoArt Media gesso - White
DecoArt Media Matte Medium
Decoart Dazzling Metallics - Emperor's Gold
DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paint - Cadmium Red
DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paint - Canyon Orange
DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics - Yellow
DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paint - Snow (Titanium) White

Hoping to receive some new colours at some point so that I can play some more. Thanks for popping by xxx

2 comments:

Katie said...

Stunning scrapbook layout and great idea to mix the black gesso with yellow paint.

Pascale Daria Alias Rosette said...

C'est magnifique!