Thursday 24 August 2017

I'm back....

Its been ages since I posted on any of my Blogs mainly due to family health issues but I think at last everything is moving in the right direction. One of the good things is that in the last month I have become a great aunt to a beautiful baby girl called Belle. I'm sure she will appear on many of my projects in the years to come lol.

So what to share, well this piece was made as a colour sample canvas for one of my classes. The hope was that it would allow them to choose a colour combination for their own work.


I am still itching to add some white but I think it is better this way so that I can see how the colours work for future projects.
Here is a bit more detail including a picture just to show how it looks.

It was so much fun being able to work on a larger canvas. It's definately something I will do again.

The class project was a box. The one on the right is the finished box and the one on the left was done as an example in class.
Looking forward to the next one. Something a bit different next time xx

2 comments:

Andree said...

Beautiful work Julie. You've done a fantastic display of gorgeous colour blends. The textures and details are wonderful too xx

Unknown said...

I really enjoyed this class, even if it was well outside my 'comfort zone'. I have now finished my box and have even gone one step further and lined the inside with material - Look forward to whatever you have in store for us next time...